Wednesday, March 16, 2011

OUT OF THE DARK

Can I just say I LOVE Day Light Savings!  Nothing screams spring like turning the clocks forward.  Today when I left the window-less abyss of an office that I spend most my day in, it was not only light out, but I was slightly HOT in my turtleneck sweater and trench coat!  Hmmm...  I think we may have turned a corner and (knock on wood) put winter behind us.  From the revolving door at the office, I happily made my way down 5th Ave., glancing at the floral sundresses in the store windows, and pining for a spring/summer wardrobe.  Mind you, last year this time, I was severely pregnant, so it will have been quite awhile since I sported my normal "non-maternity" spring clothes.  As I cut through Bryant Park I spotted the beginnings of daffodils making there way out of the ground!  We are just weeks away from daffodils, cherry blossoms and tulips galore!  Can't wait.  I love New York flowered and greened.  There is something so fresh and new about spring that it just inspires change.  I have never been big on New Year's resolutions, but spring makes one consider - what is it that really make me happy?  What do I need to do to get there?  This past week the Ellis family has been inspired and have begun scheming new adventures that are just on the horizon.  Cheers to warmer days, dreaming big, and coming out of the dark.

No comments: