Tuesday, May 3, 2011

THROWING IN THE TOWEL

Now that Annabelle is eleven months old, I have decided to throw-in-the-towel and stop breastfeeding.  No more lugging the old, hefty Pump-In-Style back-and-forth to the office, no more remembering to pump between meetings, no more frantic trips to the Times Square Babies 'R Us when I realized a left a pump piece at home, and more importantly no more washing pump pieces.  Yeah!  I will, however, miss the closeness I feel to Annabelle while nursing her and the way her little body wraps around me.  I am so grateful I was able to nurse her for as long as I did, and so this milestone is a tad bittersweet for me.  As of Sunday we have begun to wean her over to cow milk and I was relieved to see that she didn't seem to mind the switch. Cheers to the cows and the next new thing.

No comments: