Sunday, October 30, 2011

LITTLE PUMPKIN

My parents love to tell the story about how I used to hate going to the pumpkin patch.  Supposedly, I would mope through the field, find a pumpkin, sit on it and pout.  I don't remember doing this, but I vaguely remember being unbearably hot and feeling dusty and dirty which leads me to believe the story is very much the truth.  Although October in Southern California is still incredibly warm, the pumpkin patch is a far cry from what it used to be.  Last week Adrienne, Nathan, Nani and I took Annabelle to Tierra Rejada for her first visit to the pumpkin patch.  The patch has been "enhanced", so to speak, with a petting zoo, a corn maze, a singing chicken puppet show, a playground, haystacks, hayrides, pony rides, pig races, and even a gold panning station.  Wow.  If they had that when I was a kid, you can bet there would have been no pouting from me.  Even though it was a bit commercialized, we all enjoyed our visit to the patch and left with some farm fresh produce and some beautiful pumpkins to carve in time for Halloween tomorrow.
For more pics click here.

No comments: