Monday, May 19, 2008

WITH THE SUN SHINING...



...Nathan and I took to the road. It finally feels like spring time in the city, so on Saturday we took advantage of the sunshine and headed out for a bike adventure. We headed cross town to the lower eastside and over the Williamsburg Bridge to Brooklyn. After a tropical cocktail at Surf Bar (where there is actually sand on the floor) we cruised over to D.U.M.B.O. (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) and biked back to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge. About midway over the bridge I got a flat tire, which is why in this photo, I am actually on Nathan's handle bars. All in all, it was a great day of exploring and we covered a total of 10 miles. Biking is definitely my favorite way to see the city.
If you are wondering about my sunglasses - we picked them up at beach stand in Barbados on the honeymoon for $5: Christian de Roz circa 1985.

No comments: