Monday, November 22, 2010

MONDAY, MONDAY

Today marks my last day of "official" maternity leave.  What I mean by that is, it is the last normal weekday I have before going back a week from today.  Tomorrow morning we leave for California to celebrate Thanksgiving at Diane and Michael's.  We are very much looking forward to our annual visit up to Petaluma. Can't wait to spend time with the family and relax on the homestead.  Although Annabelle has already taken the flight to Cali three times since she was born, I am anticipating this flight may be differnt.  In the last month or so, she has become so much more alert.  She is a wiggle worm that still loves to stand when we hold her, but has now been mastering sitting by herself.  She has gone from being quite serious, to a really smiley baby and has been testing out those vocal chords.  She continues with her ah's, oh's and om's, but also has added some teradacto "dinasaur-like" shrieks to the mix.  Should be interesting on the flight.  I can hear a bit of a cough brewing in her chest, and her forehead feels a bit hot.  Hopefully this won't develop into anything serious before we leave. 

Aside from packing, we are going to enjoy this last beautiful Monday, in the same fashion we have for the last 6 months.  We will hit up our mama/baby yoga class in the morning and then go to our West Village Parents Playgroup in the afternoon.  Our Monday playgroup has been such a blessing to me.  I have met so many great moms that I know I will keep in close contact with long after returning to my desk on 5th Ave.  It is a gorgeous sunny day today and I am loving every minute of it!

No comments: