Thursday, December 2, 2010

M.N.O.

Last night was our 2nd official M.N.O. (Mom's Night Out).  A few months back at one of our playgroups, the moms decided it would be fun to have a night out sans babies, so on that following Wednesday after we put our babes down to sleep, the mamas left the daddies in charge we headed to a local wine bar.  Strange as it was to see each other without the babes in tow, we had a great time and decided it must be done again.  Since then, it has been decided that M.N.O. will be a reoccurring event on the first Wednesday of the month.  I am thrilled about this - considering this is a mommy event I can still go to.

Last night Maureen, Cate, Ali and Wendy surprised me with a "back to work" gift.  I unwrapped the gift to find a beautifully designed calendar that was so tasteful and thoughtful it brought tears to my eyes.  Those sneaky mommies had contrived a way to contact Nate to get him to send over pics of Annabelle and the family over the past 6 months.  They compiled those photos along with some of their own to design and print a calendar for my office at work.  Ali and Maureen are both graphic designers, Cate does interior design, and Wendy is my crafty knitter friend - all with an amazing taste - so it is no wonder that this piece turned out so beautiful.  I am so excited to put it in my office as reminders of them along with Annabelle!  I know I have said it before, but I am so thankful for these amazing friends who have helped make mommy-hood so much fun.  Looking forward to the next M.N.O.

No comments: