Thursday, December 16, 2010

TIME

So now that I am officially a working mom I find that there is just not enough time in the day.  Now more than ever, I wish that there could be 75 minutes in every hour instead of just 60.  That would leave more time with my little person, more time with Nate, more time to blog, to knit, cook a good meal, and go for a long run.  More time to organize my photos, to take photos for that matter!  More time to send that last email, to run the numbers and triple check the budget.  More time to keep in touch and tell my friends and family how much I love them.  More time to Christmas shop and decorate.  I find as the days go on, it gets harder for me to sit still and to relax for a moment when there is one.  There is just too much to do.  Rush, rush, rush.  So much to cram into every 60 minutes of the hour.  For now I will relish the 15 minutes of a hot morning shower and the moments at the end of the day when I get to rock Annabelle to sleep to the sounds of violins playing Chopin on the ipod.  It is my New Year's Resolution to be present.  Since time is becoming even more precious - I want to be physically and mentally present with each moment I have.

That said, I apologize for radio silence on the blog.  I know my blog is one of the things I enjoy doing that is going take a hit due to lack of time.  I will try my best to keep it somewhat up-to-date, though I know many more days will go by between entries. 

Off to go spend some quality time with my favorite two people...

1 comment:

Tegan Henry said...

i'm missing you already, but i never had a doubt that you have your priorities in order. enjoy each precious moment as you stay present, and be kind to yourself during this transition that came at a very busy time of the year for all!

much love,
tegan