Friday, February 11, 2011

FRAMED

Since purchasing my iPhone last May, I have been snapping digital "Polaroids" left and right through my Polaroid app.  Even so, nothing quite compares to the nostalgia of a true Polaroid taken from a Polaroid camera.  There is just something about the click of the shot, the hum of the film processing, the white-framed black square film that emerges from the camera, and the sheer anticipation as that black square turns cloudy and then slowly reveals itself while you wait. The photos almost seem magical.  The slightly muted colors and soft focus make every subject appear youthful and happy, without wrinkles or blemishes.  The photo itself evokes a sense of nostalgia and makes you pine for "the good old days." There is also something very real about Polaroids.  You can't just click a button to delete them and chances are you paid enough for the film that you wouldn't toss your photos anyway. 

Long before the emergence of iphone apps, Adrienne has been taking Polaroids the traditional way.  While everyone I knew was toting around palm-sized digital cameras, she was hefting around an old Polaroid capturing truly artistic shots in her own eclectic style.   She has developed quite a collection over the years.  When I stumbled upon this post from You Are My Fave, I could not help but think what a wonderful way to display some of the best.  Wouldn't it be great to have breakfast in this kitchen while gazing endlessly of this frame of memories. Polaroids make me happy.

3 comments:

adrienne lee bell said...

Ohhhhh....I love this kitchen idea!
Thanks for the shout out! I blog you, too!

Unknown said...

I just love your blog even though very time I read it, I miss you more. It makes me realize that your dreams of being a writer have become a reality. They are all so touching, poignant and introspective. I am so excited for you to expand on this and am so thrilled that I can connect with you through this blog while you are so far away. XO

Unknown said...

P.s. Luckylemon is KP