Saturday, February 26, 2011

ZOOLOGY

Last Sunday was a cold, but clear day, so we headed uptown to go to the Central Park Zoo.  I feel very conflicted about zoos.  I love seeing the animals so closely, yet I feel bad for them, taken out of their natural habitat to be put on display without room to roam in the wild.  Also, though I am sure the polar bears and snow leopards have been loving this very cold winter we have been having, I can't imagine them dealing with the humid heat of the New York summers.  That thought makes me sad.  Nonetheless, Annabelle got a kick out of the sea lions who were barking and trying to throw each other into the water.  She also loved the penguins.  Nate and I mostly enjoyed watching her expression as she watched the animals...and the statues in the petting zoo.

No comments: