Monday, December 21, 2009

WEEK 16 – AVOCADOS AND SNOW

We have now hit the 4 month mark. Time is moving so quickly! Week 16 was greeted with the largest snow storm I have seen to-date in NYC. Saturday brought about 12-14 inches of snow to blanket the streets with perfect white powder. We got outside in our boots Sunday morning to explore the winter wonderland and buy a few last minute Christmas presents.
View from our bedroom
Hudson River Park


As for the baby, it is now the size of an avocado. It may be coincidental, but we happen to eat avocado twice over the weekend because the Chelsea Market (TT) had some fabulous looking ripe Haas variety flown in from somewhere warm. Anyway…my reading tells me that I should brace myself for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks our baby will double its weight and add inches to its length – hello maternity clothes. Right now its head is more erect than it has been and its ears are close to their final position. The little sprout even has toenails. Crazy. As for me, I am feeling fab and am excited to head back to California for the Holidays. We have our second ultra sound on Wednesday, just before we fly out. Rumor has it we will find out at this appointment if it is a boy or a girl. We plan to have the technician write it down the results in a card so we can save the ultimate surprise for Christmas morning. I’ll keep you posted. Happy Holidays and safe travels!

1 comment:

Tegan Henry said...

WHAT!?!?!?! I'm just finding out now?!?!?!? WOW! YAY!!!! Thanks for the Christmas Card too. I love catching up on the adventures of cathi and nate and ???
much love, tegan