Saturday, January 23, 2010

THE BELL HOUSE

On Wednesday night Nate and I ventured deep into Gowanus, Brooklyn with friends Alex and Mia to see Charlotte Gainsbourg play at the Bell House - a venue we had never been to before. Though Charlotte's performance left something to be desired, the actual venue was pretty cool. The setting had an old saloon vibe adorned with with wooden arched ceilings, huge chandeliers and images of buffalo in the main concert hall, while the antique leather furniture and vintage wall paper in the fronteir room felt like the set of an old Clint Eastwood movie...and of course, there was a photo booth, and who doesn't love a photo booth?

It was while sitting with the crew in the frontier room that I felt our girl kick for the first time.  I felt a gurgle-y poke, and thought it was just my dinner, but then I put my hand on my tummy and felt it again in the same place!  Definitely a kick.  Since then I felt all sorts of movement!  Amazing.



No comments: