Saturday, March 6, 2010

CANKLES

Cankles: An aesthetically unfortunate physiological condition which leaves its victims with no discernible narrowing of the ankle between the calf and the foot.

Yup.  I've got 'em - I'll spare you a photo.  Last night after a nice dinner out, I rushed to the couch to remove my cowboy boots for the first time all day.  I had chosen to wear little ankle socks with my boots and was shocked to see my "ankle" spilling over the rim of the ankle sock giving me a mean pair of cankles.  Gross.  I heard I may experience swelling with pregnancy but these cankles are another story.  Nate and I had a good laugh about it, and then out of pitty I scored a nice foot massage.  After a good night sleep vertical, things appear to have returned to normal, but I anticipate the cankles will return.  I am going to add this to the list of things peeps don't tell you about being pregnant.

In other news, we went to the doctor on Thursday and our little bell pepper is growing rapidly.  The doctor said she was surprised my belly didn't look bigger, but not to worry because our baby is actually quite big.  She is a week ahead in growth and already weighs 2.2 lbs!  I am still feeling really good, for which I am grateful.  Week 27 marks my last week in the 2nd trimester.  We're heading into the home stretch.

No comments: