Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE LATEST

Here is the most recent pic of our little Bell Pepper. As you can see, she didn’t want to give us a full shot of her tiny face and was covering it with her arm. She may be a little on the shy side. She did wave hello, though, with all five of her little fingers.  We had our highly anticipated screening yesterday to see if there has been any progression with the placenta previa. There has been some progression, however, not enough at this point for them to confirm I can have a natural delivery. The placenta has moved 1.2 cm from the cervix, however it needs to be at least 3 cm – so we are a little less than half way there. My diagnosis is now a “marginal previa” rather than a “complete previa”. We go back in 4 weeks for what we hope will be the final screening. The results should determine whether I will have to have a C-Section or not. Hopefully the placenta will get a move on fast.

In other news, our girl’s measurements seem to be right on track. The technician noted that our baby’s leg bones are quite long – taking after my dad’s side of the family. If I could have sat in that screening room all day to watch her on the monitor, I would. Since that was not an option, I will make do with feeling her stretch those long legs with small kicks to my tummy.

No comments: